Miss Anne’s Baked Potato and Tillamook Cheddar Soup
As mentioned in my “sister” blog, there are interlopers at the manse who show no sign of leaving. One of them is Miss Anne and fortunately for you, my loyal readers, she has made herself useful since arriving my cooking this stick-to-your-ribs tasty soup.
10 Baking Potatoes (Bake 24 hours in advance for better flavor)
1-2 Pats of Tillamook Salted Butter
I Large, Sweet Onion, diced
3 Large Celery Stalks, chopped
4 Cans of Chicken Broth
5 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
2 Sticks of Tillamook Salted Butter (Paula Dean would approve of this recipe)
24 Ounces of Heavy Whipping Cream (No one said this was low calorie)
4 Heaping tablespoons Flour
Peas and Carrots
2 Cups Shredded Tillamook Medium Cheddar
Salt, Pepper and other Seasonings can be added according to your tastes. Miss Anne says the bouillon cubes adds enough extra seasoning for her tastes…and mine as well…although The Lady did crack some fresh pepper on hers.
According to Miss Anne, this soup is better if the potatoes are baked the day before. However, you can microwave or boil them the same day as when the soup is eaten.
- Wash, dry and oil the skins of the potatoes and bake them. (Miss Anne baked them for one hour at 450°.) After cooling, store in the fridge until ready to use.
- Pre-heat Soup pot and add 1-2 pats of butter for sautéing the celery and onion.
- Prepare onion and celery and put in pot and sauté for a few minutes while…
- Dice baked potatoes. Not too small. (Miss Anne does not puree this soup so the potatoes retian their shape.)
- Add chicken broth and bouillon to pot. Bring to a simmer.
- Add butter to broth, onions and celery in pot.
- Add potatoes to broth mixture. Return to simmer and let simmer until potatoes are cooked.
- Place heavy cream in container with top and add flour. Shake until thoroughly mixed.
- When potatoes can be easily pierced with fork, add peas and carrots. Return to simmer.
- Add flour and cream mixture to thicken soup. Return to simmer until desired thickness is achieved.
- Add Tillamook Medium Cheddar cheese (shredded).
Serves 8 to 10.